If you are a fitness enthusiast or an athlete, the one supplement that you must have heard of is whey protein. It will be the perfect addition to your fitness routine if you are looking to gain lean muscle mass and want optimal recovery after workouts.
It is important to choose the right kind of whey protein supplement that aligns with your fitness goals and helps you get maximum gains. The three main types of whey protein are –
- Whey Protein Isolate
- Whey Protein Concentrate
- Whey Protein Hydrolyzed
GNC whey protein supplements are known for their top-notch quality and deliver amazing results. There are various other kinds of protein supplements like – casein protein, plant-based protein, etc. But whey protein is considered to be the best choice because they have a balanced amino acid profile which helps with post workout recovery. Another advantage of whey protein supplements are that most of them come loaded with antioxidants, and on regular consumption, it helps to boost your immunity and enhances exercise performance.
A lot of people include a whey protein in their routine without doing proper research, knowing the pros and cons, or consulting their doctor. It is highly recommended that you should always consult your doctor before including any new whey protein supplement in your routine. Make sure you read the ingredient list carefully before purchasing because there are chances that you might be allergic to certain ingredients. In such a case, ask your doctor to recommend an alternate GNC whey protein.
3 Types of Whey Protein
There are 3 Main Kinds of whey Proteins.
- Whey Protein Concentrate – This type of whey protein has low levels of fats and carbohydrates. It is 70% pure protein and has the highest lactose content. It is available in powdered form at the most reasonable price. If you are a beginner level athlete or have just started your fitness journey and are looking for a simple whey protein supplement, then this would be the perfect option for you.
- Whey Protein Isolate – Whey protein isolate is the purest form of protein. It is enriched with 90% pure protein. When whey protein concentrate is processed to remove all excess fat, you get whey protein isolate. Since it has lowest level of fat and lactose, whey protein isolate is the perfect choice of protein supplement for people with lactose intolerance.
- Whey protein hydrolysate – This is considered to be predigested form of whey protein. These supplements already undergo partial hydrolysis – the process needed by the body to digest protein. It is much easier to digest whey protein hydrolysate as compared to other two kinds of whey protein.
GNC Whey Protein Benefits
It is best that you talk to your trainer and doctor to know which of the GNC whey protein will be best suited for your fitness needs. Some of the main benefits of whey protein are –
- Provides your daily requirement of protein.
- Supports stamina, strength, and athletic performance
- Help in weight loss and it preserves lean muscles and helps you lose significantly more body fat.
- Help in optimal recovery after intense workouts.
- Reduce fatigue and muscle soreness.
- Known to boost immunity as whey protein supplements are enriched with antioxidants.
If your goal is muscle building then you should take 20-25 g i.e., 1-2 scoops of whey protein powder every day. You can mix it with water or milk and have it as post workout snack or in-between meals as well. An important thing to keep in mind is that you should always stick to the mentioned dosage on the package. Consuming excess amount of any whey protein supplement over a long period of time may cause certain side effects and allergic reactions.
Which Whey Protein is Best for you?
One of the most common myths is that everyone needs the same kind of whey protein. The kind of whey protein you choose depends on your overall health and ultimate fitness goals. Also, the daily protein requirement for men and women are different, so you should keep that in mind while choosing a GNC whey protein supplement.
If you are a beginner level athlete, a simple whey protein supplement will be perfect for you. For intermediate and advanced level fitness enthusiasts, whey protein isolate and protein blends are a great choice. Some of the top selling GNC whey protein supplements are –
- GNC Pro Performance 100% whey protein
- GNC AMP Gold Series 100% whey protein advanced
- GNC AMP Pure Isolate
- GNC AMP Wheybolic
- GNC Beyond Raw ISO Peptide protein
You can buy all these GNC whey protein supplements directly from the GNC India’s official website – www.guardian.in You can also browse through the website to buy various other fitness supplements like Mass Gainer, Multivitamins, Omega 3 Tablets, Health Supplements for specific needs. Shopping on the website is really easy. All the product information is mentioned and you can also read customer reviews and ratings. Add your favorite products in the cart and choose from a variety of payment options.